A Denver-based software development manager leading a team of world-class engineers for a global enterprise software company.
I tend to think the title 'servant leader' is a bit cliched, but I think that approach is the only way to be truly successful as a leader (or manager) of people. I believe that happy developers are those who can go home everyday feeling good about what they accomplished that day. My approach to management starts with expectations and shared values. While they seem to always be evolving, the current values I bring to my team are as follows:
- team success over individual success
- delivering products is better than writing code
- respect our work and non-work humanity
- fun is good - satisfaction is better
- process should serve the team and org - not the other way around
- be the solution